How to study during the holidays



First of all, I can relate to your question. I like to spend a lot of my free time during breaks, resting up and chilling. I'm already on my Christmas break and I think a lot of you will be on break or getting closer to your last day of school for the year as well. Usually, when you're in your last year and you have important (external) exams to write most schools set mock exams to test their students and see how they're progressing so far. If this doesn't apply to you, it's fine. I'll be giving general advice on studying during school breaks.

Plan out you'll be spending your time

The only major difference between studying during the term and over breaks is that you're not going to school during your break. Depending on how much work you have to do and how long your break is you have to plan how much time you want to spend working and relaxing. This will differ with each person and their priorities, so for example: I have a mock exam at the start of my next term and I want to try and finish my syllabus so I have more time to revise. I don't really plan on going out that much therefore I'll have more time to work, but that doesn't mean I'll study all day. I can decide to spend 5 - 6 hours per day revising and use the rest to relax. You spread out your time unless you have the mental strength to do it in long burst rather than taking frequent breaks.

Work smart

Make sure you know exactly what you need to study for so you can maximise your working hours. Make notes, complete your homework, make flashcards, revise, practice past papers. Just make sure you prepare yourself for any upcoming exams or tests. 

Don't overwork yourself

Remember, the key to effective revision is to not overdo it. Too much of one thing is bad for you so you have to take time off to go out, watch your favourite shows and just relax. Working too much will only make you stressed out, tired and have other negative effects on both your mental and physical health so remember to look after yourself and give yourself rewards from time to time to keep you motivated and positive.

Comentarios

Entradas populares